Welcome To The Davis High Band
Davis High School opened in 1914 and introduced band to the curriculum in 1920. The first marching band was formed during the 1930/31 school year. In 1990 current director Steven Hendricks took over the program. Today the Davis High Band enjoys a national reputation for excellence in both concert and marching band, having performed at the Midwest Clinic in 1998 and the Rose Parade in 2003 and 2013. The color guard was the 2015 Utah State Champion, and the winter drumline is has won the Utah State Championship ten years in a row. In November 2017 the band will perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
- This is a mandatory meeting for all students, chaperones, and band staff travelling to New York. We will meet at 7:30 (may take a couple of minutes to get bleachers out) in the main gym at the south end of Davis High School. Mike Grueninger will be here to go over the trip. We will discuss expectations. Students and parents will read through and sign the code of conduct agreement. Friends and Family package participants are also invited to attend, as important information will be given to you as well.
- Wednesday November 8th Macy's Rehearsal from 3-5pm.
- Thursday November 9th, Macy's Rehersal from 3-5pm.
- Monday November 13th, Macy's Rehersal from 3-5pm.
- Wednesday November 15th, Macy's Rehersal from 3-5:30pm
- Monday November 20th - Friday November 24th, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade... Are You Ready?
Thank you to our newest sponsor Sinclair Oil
(Image Courtesy of Deseret News)